The meeting tourism market research, the team's specialisation and the relationship with the ambassadors: the area's strengths.
Would you like to get to know the commercial team in more detail?
Many of you who have chosen to read this post already know them. 😉 Encarna, Adelina, Julia, Magda and Mónica are the essence of the marketing department. They make up one of the key departments for promoting the Conference Centre with you as the economic and social engine of Valencia and for continuing to achieve the objectives of the city strategy.
At the Valencia Conference Centre you will find a team specialised in the corporate and association market with extensive experience in the competitive bidding process for events, which will provide you with professional support throughout the whole process.
Here are the 6 keys to this department’s success:
1. Research. The area identifies new events, studies their characteristics and initiates actions with potential clients. The research focuses on the main databases of the MICE sector and is extended to other segments of the meetings market that are open to organising meetings and that demand this social necessity.
2. Management of the congress map. With the information obtained during the research process, it creates a congress map with the main congresses and conventions that will be held in Valencia now and in the next few years.
3. Ambassadors. It works with professionals of recognised national and international prestige in different areas such as medicine, research and technology, among others, to promote Valencia as a destination for meeting tourism. They are top professionals who make the city great, and the department helps them to achieve this.
4. Attendance at meetings in the MICE sector. The department participates in the main national and international meetings, with the aim of publicising the Conference Centre brand.
5. Booking management. The commercial area manages bookings for events and conferences that take place in our building quickly and efficiently.
6. Linked to the city strategy and, specifically, to the values of the Conference Centre related to the development of the SDGs, the marketing department has introduced sustainability into its strategy and is making progress in the fulfilment of the SDGs, submitting candidatures for events that contribute to the sustainable development of Valencia.
The marketing department, in figures
In 2021, the department made 662 visits and commercial contacts and submitted 89 applications for major events. So far this year, in the first four months of 2022 alone, it has submitted 55 new applications for national and international events.
If you need to contact the commercial area, click here